Today is the first day of the UKSTT No Dig Live Show and Exhibition in Peterborough. The McAllister Group is exhibiting at Stand 105 over the three days. The No Dig Show finishes on Thursday which ties up with World Trenchless Day. Trenchless technology, often referred to as No-Dig construction is an alternative and complement to traditional open-cut construction methods. Some of the major benefits of trenchless technology include:
- Environmentally Friendly – Using specialised equipment underground infrastructure is installed, repaired or replaced with minimal ecological disturbance. Infrastructure can be installed under buildings, under forests, under wetlands and bodies of water
- Minimal Disturbance to Surroundings – The footprint for a trenchless construction zone is smaller reducing impacts on commuters and residents
- Decreased Rehabilitation Time – Given that trenchless construction methods require little digging, the time to rehabilitate the work area to as-found or better condition is decreased
- Saves Time – With decreased disturbance, projects using trenchless methods take less time to complete. Less time means less inconvenience associated with a construction project
- Saves Money – Given that projects can be completed within a shorter timeframe – including prep and restoration – with decreased disturbance, projects that incorporate trenchless save money.