Late September was Audit Season for the Group’s Health & Safety Department. Months and months of preparation was undertaken in advance of the audits and thankfully the efforts paid off with the McAllister Group securing these important accreditations for another year.
- The McAllister Group (Newry) retained its Contractor Plus status. Contractor Plus is a robust contractor health and safety pre-qualification system which is completed online.
- The McAllister Group (Newry) retained its Achilles UDVB Verify accreditation. This accreditation allows Utility companies to manage risk within their supply chain whilst complying with EU procurement legislation. Accredited suppliers will be in a position to respond to potential tender opportunities issued by Utility Companies. We achieved a score of 699 out of 700.
- Finally, the McAllister Group retained its accreditation with IMS International for the following: –
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management Systems
- ISO 18001 – Health and Safety Systems
- There were no major non-conformances. The Auditors were very impressed with their two external site visits which are a key element of the assessment.
Special praise is reserved for our Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Manager, Laura Morgan who has only been with the McAllister Group from June 2016. Special mention should also be given to our Garage Team, Rehab Teams, Surveying Teams and Environmental Teams for their cooperation and efforts throughout the planning and audit stages.
The McAllister Group is fully committed to ensuring that all aspects of health and safety are accepted and adhered to throughout the company. Across the business, safety remains of paramount importance, as the company continually strives to eliminate the causes of incidents in the pursuit of an injury free workplace. Our priority is the Health, Safety and wellbeing of all those directly involved in or affected by our activities whether internally, on site or in the field.