THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Contract
This exciting project aims to develop and embed the latest technical expertise in trenchless technology across the company, supported by the development of new internal processes that will allow the company to offer new trenchless technology solutions, successfully manage the commercial impact of this expertise and achieve significant market growth in larger scale and more complex contracts where demand for trenchless technology solutions is growing in major cities across the UK and Ireland. If you want to develop a long-term career with an entrepreneurial company and you would like to be part of an exciting new project that will give you experience in a wide range of areas, we want to hear from you. Your starting salary will be commensurate with your experience in the construction industry but this opportunity will facilitate your rapid professional development within the company. In the long term, this graduate position will lead to a senior position in the organisation for the right candidate. Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by the McAllister Group to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Institute of Technology Sligo. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess: –
- Min 2:2 Hons Degree in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or cognate discipline OR candidates with a pass Degree together with 1-year relevant industrial experience, particularly in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or cognate discipline
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Estimating, measurement and costing, contract administration and software skills, and knowledge of modern construction technologies would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of design and measurement processes and systems, and quality procedures is desirable
- Experience of AutoCAD or similar software package
- An understanding of drainage and how it relates to the construction process.
If you fulfil the criteria and possess the necessary skills and drive, please apply online using the online application form located at – http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/ Please note this remains the only means to apply for the role. Applicants are advised not to apply directly to the McAllister Group and CVs will not be accepted.